Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So many new words

Noah has so many new words! Today he said:

Hello
Balloon
Sit
Hot
Body
Ladder
Carrot (and actually ate carrot)
Mady
And best of all, Love you!

Mady is amazing us with her observations lately. Last night she said "look, a giraffe" while she was in the bath. Dad figured out that she was talking about the light refraction(?) in the bath water. Sure enough, the shapes the light was forming looked like the spots on a giraffe - crazy. She is getting really detailed with her art work as well (will post more soon). Tonight I gave her a new thing of water colors and it was the first time she didn't mix the colors in the container. Her painting was lovely too, with separate patches of color. Noah painted as well and really stayed focused on the activity. It is so nice to be able to enjoy art time without worrying about all the mess: Noah didn't throw the paint or brushes!

Here are some cute pictures. Noah loves putting on sister's hats.

The pjs pictured are new and I love them. The kids both have really sensitive skin, so we are doing away with synthetic pajamas and sticking to soft cotton. Also there is just something about putting your kids in new pjs that just warms your heart. Very shortly after I bought the kids these new pjs I started working on a pajama drive with my mother's club. We are collecting new underwear, socks, and pajamas for local foster kids. The non-profit we are helping provides each child placed into care with a duffel bag and they always include new socks, underwear, and pajamas, as most kids don't leave their homes with any of these items. I am very proud of our efforts! We have almost reached our goal of collecting 150 pairs of pjs! I took a picture of what is at my house, but I would like to get a picture of everything we collect all together.

2 comments:

Jill said...

They are so cute in their new jammies! I love them! You have to bring Noah in for a visit so I can hear all these new words he is saying : )

Anonymous said...

Yay for Jammies!! Oh I wanna hear the little man's words, how exciting. I keep meaning to pick up a pair of jammies when I go to the store and it slips my mind. I'm doin' it next time, any sizes that you guys don't have enough of?