We packed up Thursday morning and got there in the late afternoon. We got the exact camp site that we wanted - so the trip was off to a great start. It was fun going for more than a couple days. Mady really made some great progress on her dirt bike and by the end was doing some of the trails. Both kids got the opportunity to go on rides with daddy on both the Honda 50 and our "new/used" TTR 100. Josh says it is my bike, but I spent about 15 minutes on it total. Oh well, I rather hang out at camp and knit. Tiva suffered the only casualty of the trip - she got stung in the mouth by a bee that was after her food. She has been having pretty bad luck on the last couple camping trips, but she still has a great time.
They are pretty excited to be camping
They look like bobble-head dolls
Noah sitting on the PW w/training wheels (he wasn't quite ready to ride on his own yet, but now we are set for when he is ready)
Mady after a couple crashes on the Honda, she did great once she switched back to the PW (no training wheels though)
The weekend after Hollister we went to the Sonoma County Fair with my mom and Mel. We got free tickets from Grandma and Grandpa treated for the carnival rides! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
Noah and Mady loved the dinosaur themed flower show.
And of course they loved the carnival rides


Noah smiled the biggest smile the whole ride - pure joy
Noah smiled the biggest smile the whole ride - pure joy
I have been knitting a lot, but also doing a lot of ripping out and starting over. I will report on that if I ever finish the projects. Here is a hat I made from Noro Silk Garden for Corissa. She asked for a regular beanie in Green and Blue and White and maybe some Red or Orange. White is almost impossible to find with other colors, so I figured this was a pretty close match to the request. Noro silk is really a great yarn. I hope she likes the hat!
I also made a couple more hats for CompassionKnit, an organization that donates hats to homeless teens in San Francisco.
No comments:
Post a Comment