Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Seal Ate All Our Fish

February has been a really busy month for our family and I haven't had much time to blog lately. Since I am on an airport shuttle with WiFi right now I thought I would take this time to work on a blog post. Heading through the tunnel right now towards the beautiful golden gate - then on to SFO and to Chicago for a work trip - yuck.

Anyway, we did find some time to head out on another short fishing trip this month. Super Bowl Sunday we decided to check out the fishing at Dillon Beach. It was a really nice day out there and the pier at Lawsons Landing was a really good spot to fish from. Of course Josh thought he lost the crab net under the pier withing about 10 minutes of arriving and we didn't actually catch any fish. A seal showed up, so of course Noah was bummed and said "The seal ate all our fish." The kids did have fun playing on the mellow beach there, digging and running around in the sand. Here are a few pictures:






Josh also got the go-cart going a couple weeks ago with a new motor from harbor freight. He saw it advertised in their add in the Sunday paper and just had to get it. The kid had a blast driving it around the court with dad riding along for "safety." At least dad sustained the only injury of the afternoon.



We really have been trying to take advantage of any sunny days that we have since this has been a really rainy winter. The girls in the court decided to fly their kites behind their bikes and scooters and it turned into a really fun kite parade. All the kids had a blast. Here is a little video:



I have been doing a little knitting since Christmas. I decided to make this fantastic scarf for Grandma Dixie. It is out of Crystal Palace Taos Wool and I used Cabled Scarf Pattern - it is really her colors and was really time consuming because of all the cable rows. Well, I got about 80% done with it and I remembered that Grandma Dixie cannot wear wool because she is allergic... Not very good planning - but it turned out really pretty.


So after checking with Grandma Dixie I set out to the yarn store to find some special soft non-wool yarn. I found this really interesting cotton at the Knitterly in Petaluma. I just knitted a plain garter stitch scarf, but you can't tell because of the texture of the yarn. It is extremely soft and warm. I sent both scarves to Dixie and she gave the wool one to Hannah and kept the soft one for herself.


I also wanted to make a mobeus scarf for myself. I used the Dove Mobeus Hat and Scarf Pattern and some really pretty purple wool that I bought for the project. Neither picture does it justice and I am not sure that I did it right - it seems like it has 2 twists instead of 1, but whatever - I like it and it is very warm and handy since it double wraps comfortably.

Someone from my work was looking for a hat pattern that would have holes on the top for high pig tails. Since we couldn't find a good one online I said I could figure it out and write it for her. Lulu was my inspiration since she always wears high piggy tails. So I knitted and wrote at the same time. Eventually I would like to figure out how to post the pattern in PDF but right now I only have it in word and don't know how to host it. Maybe soon I will figure it out...Here is Lulu modeling the hat:



Noah had a Winter Gala at his preschool in January. The kids all sang songs and had fun showing off their classroom to their parents. We made a night of it and all went to dinner afterward - Noah's special night.


I took some video of Noah during the recital. It would have been nice if he had sang, but it was cute anyway.



Josh also stripped the ugly wallpaper out of our bathroom. It was really a big project and Mady helped out.

But it was such a big project that our bathroom basically still looks like this:

2 more quick things:

Noah learned to spell his name this month:)



And we got a Wii for Christmas from Grandma Dixie. The kids love it!



So that basically catches us up on all the big and little events. Have a few more pictures to download so will do that soon and most on more recent events.

No comments: