Saturday we had a b-day party at the jumpy place. It was a really nice mix of kids and so was really fun. Noah slept in the car through most of it, but made an appearance in time for cake.
Today, was the best day of all. We decided to spend the day at Dillon Beach. Since we hadn't driven our new car we decided to take it out on its first trip. Last weekend we bought a 2002 Suburban to replace our truck as our second vehicle and tow vehicle. For a variety of reasons the truck just wasn't working out: 2 doors, underpowered, needs some work, etc. The Suburban was a great deal and really fits our needs as a tow vehicle - since it is a 3/4 ton with a big motor. It is a gas guzzler but will get better mileage than our truck, especially when towing. But back to the beach... We had the perfect day at the beach. We got there around noon and had a picnic lunch. I think it is the first time we got to the beach and managed to get all set up without anyone having a meltdown, even though we were all hungry and ready for lunch. The kids just sat down and ate their lunch while we set up. It was overcast, but still nice, for the first couple of hours. After about 2 or so it got really sunny - it was so beautiful. The kids had so much fun. At first Noah was obsessed with getting the sand out of his sandals (but wouldn't go barefoot), but he settled in after a while. Madelyn spent most of her time digging and playing with a big hole. Noah and Mady both had a chance to fly their kite. Noah kept it up their for a long time and really got a kick out of it. Josh and the kids also spent some time cruising around with the metal detector. They found 2 rusty nails and 2 bottle caps - but it was great excitement for the kids (and Josh). I even got some knitting done. I was thinking how knitting is a really good thing to do at the beach because I can still interact with the kids, set it down a million time, and then keep going. Of course right after that I realized I had missed a stitch about 4 or 5 rows back and had to pull all the rows out.
Whenever I look at family blogs I always think they must have such the perfect life - since most of us just write about the good stuff. So, just so you know: Tiva driving us crazy with her barking at night because she is freaked out by the fireworks, Mady won't go to sleep probably because of the late nap but maybe because of the yapping dog, Noah is having tummy troubles again, and Josh and I are both sick of working. We have a lot to be thankful for, but life is of course, not perfect. I am constantly worried about the world and the country we live in. I am deeply saddened by the war and worry often about how the average family is getting by in this economy. I can't believe that the oil companies are draining the economy on every level - since it is just not the price of gas going up. Anyway, I am bumming myself out. Hope everyone had as a good of a 3 day weekend as we did.
2 comments:
Seeing those photos really makes me realize how big these kiddos are getting! Mady looks like such a little lady these days, beautiful and Noah is such a cutie!
Love that photo you got of Lulu!
I got some cute ones of Mady and JT in that silly cowboy hat.
I hear you on all your points about life. People do tend to gloss over the negative stuff in family blogs, I always figure no one wants to hear me whine, but your post was a good reminder to keep it real.
Thanks again for the fun 4th!
I'm glad everyone had such a great weekend! Now I can't stop thinking of escaping and going to the beach. I loved the pic of Josh, Mady and Noah flying the kite : )
Post a Comment