Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

We went to the Adobe Pumpkin Patch this weekend with the kids so Noah could see some huge pumpkins. We had a tomato growing in our garden that the kids called a pumpkin - it was really big and kind of bumpy like a pumpkin. One night Noah got fascinated with it sitting in the window sill and said "Man, that's a huge pumpkin!" We cracked up at his use of the word "man." Anyway, the pumpkin (tomato) never really ripened and had to be thrown away since it was plucked from the vine before its time, but the whole adventure inspired us to go out in search of a real huge pumpkin. We always go to the Adobe Pumpkin patch because even though Josh no longer commutes to San Rafael, he still holds a grudge against the pumpkin patch along the freeway (off Stony Point) for causing so much traffic. Deep down I think he knows it is not the pumpkin patch or the pumpkin grower's fault that people slow down every year to look at pumpkins and corn growing, but... we remain loyal to the Adobe Pumpkin Patch.

We parked out by where the pumpkins were growing and so had a long walk in through the field. The walk was even longer since Noah had to stop at every pumpkin along the way, turn it over, and look for bugs. Eventually dad just had to pick him and carry him to get things moving. We had a really good time looking at all kinds of pumpkins, climbing on hay stacks, and riding the silly little train. We rounded out the good times with a snow cone and funnel cake - it really just doesn't get much more exciting than that!


Noah inspecting every pumpkin


On top of the hay stacks





We also celebrated Mady and Grandma's birthday this weekend. We went out to a special birthday dinner and had birthday cake back at the house. It was fun for Mady and Grandma to get to blow out the candles together.


Last Thursday or so I got obsessed with this hat I wanted to make for Mady. She wanted a hat in her favorite colors - orange, pink, and purple and then I found a pattern for an ear flap hat and knew I had to make it. I bought some really soft cotton and adapted the pattern to fit the colors - orange yarn is not that easy to find. It came out kind of big, but is still really cute on her - Noah likes it too.


For those of you who were worried about the pink barbie bike, Noah is sitting in Mady's bed - these are not his pink and purple heart sheets. He has a very respectable blue crib sheet and blue striped blanket - he does like wearing sister's hats though!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Those kiddies of yours are too cute! I love the picture of Mady and Noah where he is making his "smile for the camera" face! The hat looks super cute too! I actually really like how the pink turned out. GOOD JOB!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca - your mom does not look like she has aged a day since our high school days! Is she still with mel? YOu're a knitter too! I've done some hats, scarves, and done one set of mittens. Haven't touched it this past year, but am hoping to get going again this winter. Hope you're well.