Mady and Aunt Janet
Mady and Grandpa Tom reading one of her new books
After the party we went home and put the cookies and milk out for Santa. Josh and the kids made home made chocolate chip cookies this year, so Santa got quite a treat.


Christmas morning the kids went straight downstairs to check out their stockings and to see if Santa had come:







The kids had a great morning opening their presents and hanging out in their jammies. Mady's "big gift" from Santa was a kickstand for her bike, now that she is riding without training wheels she wanted a kick stand like all the big kids have. They both got art supplies and a few toys. Noah also got a motorcycle helmet from Mom and Dad since his head is too big to fit in sister's helmet anymore. Grandpa Mel made both kids very special presents in his workshop. He made a pine bookcase for Noah and a special dollhouse shelf for Madelyn. Grandma Barbara painted the house to match other furniture in Mady's room.


After we hung out at the house on Christmas morning we all headed up to Middletown for Christmas Dinner at my Aunt Teri and Uncle Bob's place. Mady and Noah all had a great time playing with all their cousins on that side of the family: Giavana, Gianni, and Coddie. I didn't get any good pictures but am hoping that my Aunt Barbara willl send a disk my way. She takes great pictures and had her camera out all day.
I wanted to post a bit about knitting since I completed a lot of projects this month that I didn't post. I am really proud of this hat I made for Noah from a pattern Tania found online:


I am currently working on using up all the cotton yarn I have in the house by making a series of washcloths for the kids. All of their washcloths are all old and yucky and mady says they are scratchy, so I figured some cotton knitted ones would be great. It is nice to be working on a project that doesn't take brain power. I am also in the process of trying to make a hat for Josh - I am pretty sure it is going to fit and am almost done, but haven't had the interest or energy to finish it. All that energy it takes to count stitches when I work the decreases! Poor me.
With Christmas over I have made a new round of promises of things to knit for projects I didn't get to, so I need to head to the yarn store this weekend and stock up on supplies. Specifically, I have a couple requests for the brim beanie above and really need to make a couple more scarves, expecially one for Grandma Dixie. I also have a baby shower this month, so i better get busy!
That is all for now, but I will be posting more pictures of the kids soon.
Happy New Year!
Christmas morning the kids went straight downstairs to check out their stockings and to see if Santa had come:
The kids had a great morning opening their presents and hanging out in their jammies. Mady's "big gift" from Santa was a kickstand for her bike, now that she is riding without training wheels she wanted a kick stand like all the big kids have. They both got art supplies and a few toys. Noah also got a motorcycle helmet from Mom and Dad since his head is too big to fit in sister's helmet anymore. Grandpa Mel made both kids very special presents in his workshop. He made a pine bookcase for Noah and a special dollhouse shelf for Madelyn. Grandma Barbara painted the house to match other furniture in Mady's room.
After we hung out at the house on Christmas morning we all headed up to Middletown for Christmas Dinner at my Aunt Teri and Uncle Bob's place. Mady and Noah all had a great time playing with all their cousins on that side of the family: Giavana, Gianni, and Coddie. I didn't get any good pictures but am hoping that my Aunt Barbara willl send a disk my way. She takes great pictures and had her camera out all day.
I wanted to post a bit about knitting since I completed a lot of projects this month that I didn't post. I am really proud of this hat I made for Noah from a pattern Tania found online:
I am currently working on using up all the cotton yarn I have in the house by making a series of washcloths for the kids. All of their washcloths are all old and yucky and mady says they are scratchy, so I figured some cotton knitted ones would be great. It is nice to be working on a project that doesn't take brain power. I am also in the process of trying to make a hat for Josh - I am pretty sure it is going to fit and am almost done, but haven't had the interest or energy to finish it. All that energy it takes to count stitches when I work the decreases! Poor me.
With Christmas over I have made a new round of promises of things to knit for projects I didn't get to, so I need to head to the yarn store this weekend and stock up on supplies. Specifically, I have a couple requests for the brim beanie above and really need to make a couple more scarves, expecially one for Grandma Dixie. I also have a baby shower this month, so i better get busy!
That is all for now, but I will be posting more pictures of the kids soon.
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Wow, what a busy and fun Christmas you guys had! The kids' bookshelves turned out really neat! Of course I am most impressed by Noah's hat and you know Shane is very jealous. We will have to add one to your big list of knitting to-do's this month :D
I'm glad to see you all had a Merry Christmas. Catch up with you on Monday...Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment