Noah was very excited about the hunt!
When we got home we decided to decorate eggs.
Here are the eggs!
On Saturday Dad and the kids baked a lemon cake. Later in the afternoon the kids and I frosted and decorated it. I think it turned out super.
That night we had a crab feed that Josh's boss invited us to. The food was really good and the kids had fun. We got home pretty late, so Mady and I quickly put out the carrots and our Easter Eggs for the Easter Bunny (so the Easter Bunny could hide our eggs).
The next morning the kids woke up to their Easter Baskets outside their rooms and of course the Easter Bunny left a trail of carrots all over the place. They were very happy with their baskets. They both got new sand buckets, gardening tools, a movie, and of course candy! Noah even got some Thomas the Train Underpants because apparently the Easter Bunny thinks he is a big boy (although Noah still doesn't want to wear them - he liked the idea).
The kids hung out most of the day while Josh and I prepared the Easter Feast. Later in the afternoon family started to arrive and the kids got to go have their Easter Egg hunt. I think it was a big success!
We had a great time hanging out with family and had a early dinner. All and all it was a really relaxing and fun day.
I know I have been doing a lot of sharing about Madelyn and all her knew skills (knitting, dirt bike riding, etc.), so I wanted to give Noah some equal time. He is getting to be such a funny little guy. His new favorite phrases are "How 'bout a kiss" and "Can I have ..." The how about a kiss thing is hilarious since he often says it when he thinks he is in trouble.
Noah has also turned int o a whiz with puzzles. He started doing 24 piece puzzles right around his second birthday and has now moved up to larger more complicated puzzles. He has mastered his 35 piece Thomas the train puzzle and is in the process of learning a 60 piece safari puzzle. He usually starts with the elephants and just builds from there.
We found this bug puzzle in the garage a couple weeks ago and it amazed me at how quickly he figured it out.
I got a video of him doing the puzzle the other day. It is really hard to get him on video, since he thinks he is getting his picture taken the whole time, not to mention Mady wanting to get in on the attention.
And as promised on the video, here is Mady doing her flips.
Mady also learned how to do flips on the rings from her cousin this weekend.
And here is a picture of Noah doing another one of his favorite things - blowing bubbles!
I will have knitting update soon. I am knitting socks (again). I ended up pulling out my first attempts because I didn't like how they were turning out. Last night I made it to 8 inches of 2X2 ribbing and started on the heel flap. I am getting excited to see how they turn out and will be equally excited to wear them (someday).
Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!
2 comments:
The kids were so cute with their Easter baskets! And I am totally impressed with how Noah studies those puzzle pieces and knows just hot to fit them in!
Ahhh! Great Easter pics, looks like you guys had a great day!
Good luck with those socks!
Post a Comment