Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mady gets a Lifeskills Award!

Mady won a Life Skills award for Curiosity at her school yesterday. We didn't tell her she was getting the award or why we were coming to the assembly, so she was a little surprised! We told her that her teacher had asked us to come to assembly because we hadn't attended one yet. Here is a picture of her with her award:


Noah also had a big day yesterday. He has been having success using the potty at school lately and they thought it would be a good idea if he started showing up to school in underpants. We were a little nervous, since we really haven't been potty training, but decided to give it a try. So Noah is officially potty training. This is sort of the cold turkey approach - no more diapers during the day and just see how it goes. So far he is doing great at school but not having much success at home, but I am sure he will get the hang of it soon. Here is a picture of Noah heading off to school yesterday looking very proud!


Mady and Noah coloring together earlier in the week.


I have been slightly obsessed with knitting hand warmers since this weekend. I wanted to learn how to knit cables, so wanted to find a simple pattern to learn on. I found this pattern, Fetching, on Knitty and thought it would be the perfect pattern to learn on. Once I read the pattern it even said on the first page: "If you have never tried knitting cables before, this would be an excellent project to start with." I made these out of Merino 5 worsted weight and had enough left over to make a pair for Mady. I had to downsize the pattern and make some adjustments, but they came out pretty cute. Noah wants a pair too, so after I finish knitting something for my mom for mother's day (gee can you guess what she is getting), I will start his.




So, I almost have sock. After taking this picture I knitted some more on my sock and have made it about halfway along the foot. Should be pretty easy from here on out, but I am just sort of sick of sock and am convinced that, even though I followed the pattern, sock is going to be too baggy around my foot, but who knows. I also cannot imagine that I will ever want to knit this sock again which would just leave me with sock and not socks...

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yay for Mady! She looks adorable with her hair like that. It grows so fast!

Oh, and the whole sock thing cracks me up! It looks great...I think it is gonna fit :D