The weekend after Thanksgiving we went out to a local Christmas Tree farm to find the perfect tree. We had a really fun time and even found the perfect tree - not too big, not too small.
And this year we even put the kids to work dragging the tree back to the car:
The hard work continued when we got home and we all pitched in to get the decorations up that same day!
Josh borrowed some outside decorations from his parents this year. We have two carousels and of course Sponge Bog out front. The kids love the blow up decorations!
They had fun helping, and playing in the huge boxes!
The kids Birthday packages came from Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Felix this month too! The kids loved all their new clothes and spending their gift cards. Thanks!
I have been doing a lot of knitting this month, but most of it was Christmas gifts that I can't post yet. I made this hat for Noah out of Mini Mochi plus Rainbow color - he calls it his "beautiful colors" hat.
December has also been really busy. My mom got us a new garage door for Christmas with a really quiet opener. My mom and Noah used to call the old one the "Garage Door Monster" because it was so loud! We also had to put new gutters on the house since the old ones were cracked and really did not have enough down spouts. So I guess that was Josh and my present to each other. Merry Christmas to us - ugh.
We are looking forward to a nice Christmas. I had all my shopping and knitting done with time to spare and now have time to get ready for Christmas Eve. Josh and I are hosting Josh's family for their annual Christmas Eve gathering. Tomorrow I need to do last minute cleaning and bake a couple pies - but I feel pretty prepared.
Merry Christmas and I hope I have the Christmas post up before Valentines day:)
No comments:
Post a Comment